LIVELAUGHEAT. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thai Entry: Etc



AIYAAAAA I very geram with the toolbar still missing. -.- The only buttons available are the check spelling button, the upload picture button (THANK GAWD) and the preview button. :( SHO SAD!

Anyway, other than the ones below, I also tried Thai food from restaurants which name I do not know (SORRY!) because I can't read Thai, and also various delicacies from the road-side stalls and Chinatown.

Before I begin babbling again, let me introduce to you this little guy over here:


Fairly small, but spicy enough to desensitize my tastebuds for the next few hours. This is - you could've guessed it - Thai chili padi. With every sip comes every blow. >:)



They have stalls inside the restaurants (yeah weird enough) which sell local snacks like that one up there. It's basically egg yolk and coconut paste wrapped in crunchy, thin paratha. One word: SWEET!








Typical seafood... except that the crabs are steamed and not marinated in any sauce whatsoever and the fish are BBQ-ed to perfection. Dip them into Thai chili padi and GAWDDDDD you'll enjoy to the max I assure you! :3

And this is Thai's Chinatown. More like Little Hong Kong actually.



When I saw those shop signs I was like AHHHHHH FINALLY SOME CHINESE WORDS EVEN THOUGH I'M A BANANA THIS TOWN DOESN'T FEEL SO FOREIGN TO ME ANYMORE. :'D


Wanton mee Thai version. The portion's so small that I finished it in two spoonfuls. -_____- Tastes okay la, the duck meat has lots of fat lor.



Glutinous rice balls in hot syrup and grass jelly (cincau) with brown sugar and the stall selling them. Gives that warm and fuzzy feeling. :) Unless if you order them in cold syrup lah.

Okay enough about Thai food the following three are brain-freezin' sundaes from Swensen's. I know Malaysia also got Swensen's but Swensen's in Thai is cheaper so yeah.




Top: Apple cranberry sorbet
Middle: Vanilla ice cream on banana with strawberry jam, whipped cream, cherry and wafer
Bottom: Cookies and cream ice cream with hot fudge and oreo cookies

That's all for now! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment